Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Another Post on Sleep Training...

I had a reader comment on the last post and thought I'd share what she wrote:

"Good tips. I agree with A LOT of what BW says, but I think it's important for people to know there are definitely some babies who adapt to the BW technique right away and some don't. Now...having said that I think you MUST keep trying regardless but not all babies are easy peasy when it comes to sleep training. I would say (as well) for some of us working mommies who must utilize daycare and or outside childcare of whatever kind, they never do things exactly like you ask them and that throws a wrench in sleep training. In my situation (working part time) I do the best I can at home but I know when she's away from me it isn't as scheduled as it is at home and it shows on certain days when her behavior isn't predictable. I guess I say that only to let other mommies out there know that if thats you - it's ok. Do the best you can and if your baby is still waking early from naps and or waking at night - it's ok...it doens't mean you aren't doing GREAT and or that your baby is abnormal...it simply might be circumstantial but if you can't change those circumstances (staying at home vs. working)...then just do the best you can and you and your baby will be fine!"


Lindsy is totally correct! I often write my entries from a stay-at-home mom point of view as that's what I am. I don't mean to leave out the working moms and I know that taking them to daycare or having someone else watch them in your home is completely different than yourself. Please forgive me! 


Unfortunately, I have no experience in putting your baby on a schedule and working a job outside of the home. My advice for you is to do the best you can with what you have! While you are at home on maternity leave, try to get them onto some sort of schedule and definitely enforce the eat-play-sleep routine. When you do return to work, know that the daycare will try their best to follow the schedule, but they are responsible for many little ones, so they won't be able to follow it exactly, and that is OKAY! Your baby will be just fine and happy! It's all about survival! You can still set the night time routine since you will be in charge for that aspect of their day-to-day lives. Do what is best for you and your family! 

No comments:

Post a Comment