Friday, October 28, 2011

Maternity Fashion

Hi everyone!  This is Ashley over at flats to flip flops.  I am "momma" to two sweet, and at times, crazy kids!  A boy, age 3, and a girl, age 1.  Needless to say, things are pretty crazy around our house, but in my spare time I write a blog about fashion for moms on the go and their kiddos!  Lots of fashion ideas/deals for the whole family, so if you have a sec go ahead and check it out!
Thanks to Sarah for asking me to guest post today on Moms2B!  


Today I wanted to talk about my top 5 maternity musts!


Maternity Musts


Maternity Musts by flatstoflipflops featuring old navy maternity

1.  Oversized Sweaters & Tees(Plum top-topshop.com, Gray Tee-aritzia.com):  The best thing about purchasing maternity clothes these days is that you don't necessarily have to shop at a maternity store.  Oversized shirts are everywhere this season and they are not only great for a growing belly, but a great transition piece after your bundle of joy has arrived!


2.  Leggings(houseoffraser.co.uk):  These are a pregnant woman's dream!  Comfy and cozy are definitely two words you want to be when you're pregnant and leggings do just the trick.  Worn with boots or with flats, leggings are great for any season.  A side note:  Leggings can go wrong real fast!  I like to make sure that whatever top I wear with my leggings is long enough that I feel comfortable and more importantly covers my backside!  Keep it classy!


3.   Maternity Jeans(oldnavy.gap.com):  It's always a good idea to have a good pair of maternity jeans in your closet.  Personally I love the over the belly style, it doesn't seem to slip, slide, and bend like the under the belly style does.


4.  Comfy Shoes(toms.com):  If you are like me when preggo, your feet get a lot of the wear and tear.  A good pair of shoes is a must!  I love TOMS because they are not only comfy, but super cute too!


5. Accessories(doulashop.com): Don't be afraid to make a statement with your accessories!  I LOVE this piece of jewelry because it is made specifically for pregnant women.  You probably have noticed, but it is in the shape of a pregnant women's body.  There are lots of similar pieces out there, and what a special way to remember those 9 months! 


Happy Maternity Shopping! 

No comments:

Post a Comment