Thursday, November 3, 2011

Enjoy the moments!

I had my Mom's group meeting this morning, and walked away bawling like a baby. I know I was not the only one as I looked around the room and saw everyone wiping away their tears as well. The meeting started off with a meaningful devotional from the book: One Thousand Gifts, by Ann Voskamp. We watched a short clip afterwards from the Author, and I wanted to share it with you.

As retailers and consumers skip Thanksgiving to start the Christmas rush, this short clip reminded me to be "thankful" for the moments...even the smallest of moments. Watch this and you'll see what I mean: 


There are days where I have to remind myself that the laundry can wait, but my children will not stay this small forever. Nobody will care if my floors are scrubbed or toilets cleaned, but Eli will remember if I read him books or sing him songs. Life is about moments. Cherish them! 

2 comments:

  1. Our minds were thinking alike - planning to blog this clip as well. =) such a sweet and needed reminder for this busy mommy!

    ReplyDelete